Now its possible for many more families to own their own home. Introducing HomeReady Mortgage® by Fannie Mae. I have spoken with a number of sincere potential home buyers that really want and need to own their own home, but face financial challenges that have up to this point prevented them from making that important move in their lives.
According to Fannie Mae, here is what they consider to be the ideal borrower:
- Have low to moderate income
- Are first-time or repeat homebuyers
- Have limited cash for down payment
- Have a credit score ≥ 620; borrowers with credit scores ≥ 680 may get even better pricing
- Have supplemental boarder or rental income
- Are looking to purchase or refinance
These are just a few of the benefits you might get from this program. Some of the ones I really like:
- cancellable mortgage insurance
- borrower is not required to be a first-time buyer
- 3.0% vs 3.5 down compared to FHA
- rental and boarder income flexibility considered
- non-0occupant borrowers, such as a parent.
Ready to get started? Check out Fannie Mae’s website and call me right away.
PS: Want to better understand the homebuying process, step-by-step? Check out this app.